Monday, July 26, 2010

Thinking of You





I made this 5 x 7 card out of cardstock I've forgotten I had. I remember this one really good because I just had to have it when I saw this at the store. Anyway, long story short, I bought it, took it home and stashed it somewhere, and FORGOT about it!!! LOL That's why John would not let me put anything away or tuck anything in a folder. Especially my craft stuff because he knows me so well... He knows that if I don't see 'it', 'it' never gets used -- just like this cardstock I used to make this card. 

I made this one specifically for Brandi. She has been in and out of the hospital in the past month and have not seen her for a while that I thought I would send her a little pink pick-me-up. She loves everything pink! A little something about Brandi, she has had a lung transplant (about 9 or 10 years ago), she is battling cystic fibrosis. and is now dependent to an oxygen machine (or whatever they call that thing that helps her breathe). She is John's cousin and she has become so dear to me. She is my prayer partner, my friend, and a great listener too. I admire her strength and her faith in God. We don't have much time with her, and she knows it. But she has peace like no other. I love her laugh and her giggles. And the way she asks John to talk in his "lady" voice. 

This one's for you, Brandi!!!

10 comments:

  1. Great cheery card! I'm sure Brandi will love it. I'll add her to my prayer list. I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I'm looking forward to getting to know you on the Cuttlebug Spot design team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Donna! Thanks so much for your prayers. I love her so dearly, and I pray every single day that she passes peacefully when her turn arrives.

    On a very happy note, being a part of Cuttlebugspot's DT is exciting. I have been crafting for a while now but I just recently started blogging about my work. I can't wait to get to know you too and everyone else on the team. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Vanessa,

    Congrats on being selected as a Cuttlebug D/T member. I'm looking forward to working with you and the other ladies at The Cuttlebug Spot.
    I'm so sorry to hear of Brandi's illness, I will pray for her. Welcome and enjoy!

    Lillie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lillie,
    Thanks so much! I am excited to be a part of the team. And I'm looking forward to learning stuff from you guys.
    Brandi is a dear dear friend and I haven't seen her in a while because she has been really sick.

    Thanks again!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Vanessa...love your blogs name...too cute.

    I am finally getting here and I see your blog is a baby yet but not your work :}

    Congrats to you too on making it to the DT. I am so very happy I made it too.

    So much to learn among these talented ladies, can't wait for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Agnes! :) Thanks!
    Yes, I just recently started blogging. But I have been crafting for quite some time... Only it wasn't until I got married that I actually took the time for my hobby.

    And you are so right!!! I am so looking forward to learn from all these talented ladies in the team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thrilled to be working with you at The Cuttlebug Spot....looking forward to seeing more of your work. By the way, I love your craft room. We are currently building a house and I will have a huge craft room...so I know how you feel...I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia! Thank you so much! I am so stoked about this opportunity to get to know you all at the Cuttlebugspot. :)

    I love my craft room, I waited forever and a day to have my own little space. Right now, I am using what is supposed to be our guest bedroom... I guess if anyone comes to visit, they will just have to stay at a hotel because I'm not giving up my craft room. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. love all he detail on your flowers. Very good looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brandi is a very lucky gir to have a friend like youl! Im sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
designed with love by beautiful dawn designs