Monday, September 20, 2010

Tidings of Comfort and Joy

It has been almost a month since my last post! I have had one of those times where I get so card-making happy I forget about the rest of the world. LOL Being a stay-at-home wife doesn't help either, I have nothing but time in my hands after all the chores are done and all the errands have been ran. I just love being in my craft room, every time I come here, I am happy!

So enough with the jibber jabber... I have made quite a few cards the past couple of weeks. This is one of them:


This standard size card is made up of both scraps and some collections I have had for a while that I just now broken out to use. I cannot remember the collection (the name) exactly. I have made the mistake of taking them out of the packaging or losing the front covers, so I couldn't tell you where they all came from. This was of course before I started blogging and when I started needing all this information. :'( 



I made the card a second time and altered it. Instead of using the same patterned paper for the background, I embossed snow flakes on a plain blue cardstock. I used my white gel pen on the trees to make them look like they have been snowed on. : ) And I heat embossed the sentiment on a 1 3/4 inch black round cardstock.

Most of the time, I don't measure the elements I put on my cards or scrapbook pages. I eyeball pretty much everything. Whatever feels right or looks great is what ends up in my work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
designed with love by beautiful dawn designs