Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Digital Scrapbook Pages

Hello everyone! It has been forever since my last post. My craft room has been neglected for many weeks now. It has been dark in there, except for the times when John (the Hubs) is in there notating and writing music. For the moment, until he decides how he wants his own room to look like, his computer and his music writing stuff will be in my craft room.

For the past couple of weeks, I have been on Skype with the family on and off... making sure that I stay in close contact with everybody back home. Everyone, including the family here has gone through a rough start to 2011, with Brandi going in and out of the hospital during the holidays, Grandma R's diverticulitis, my Uncle back home getting a stroke, a death in the not-so-immediate family, the awful stomach flu that left me coughing and wheezing for a week now, and the bad weather, it has been crazy. 

Amid all these, I am still very very grateful. John and I still feel blessed considering the circumstances. I have only started feeling good the past 2-3 days. So those few days, I have been trying to get caught up with laundry and other housework... two days later, I could finally see some kind of progress, I finally made a dent in the to-do list. Yay! ; )

From the stomach flu, I have developed a new love affair with digital scrapbooking. I have been doing this on and off the past year, but when I got sick, I was feeling so bad, I just wanted to sleep all the time... and the whole time I was awake i would hurt so I looked for something to do that didn't involve getting up (because I got dizzy when I did) so I started digital scrapping because I have been going through some serious crafting withdrawal and I was too sick to go to the craft room to cut or glue anything. I did 3-4 pages... 

The materials I used in this project is a mix of freebies from CK and stuff I had purchased in the past.
I used Aperture 3 to enhance the photo and processed it some more on Photoshop.

I don't think there is a freebie element on this page. Everything on here is an element from a kit I purchased
a while back. I love dots and spots and scallops and swirls, can you tell?

I used a brush on this one that I purchased a couple of months back.
Actually I think this is a brush from a spring set I have. lol 


I am a font download freak. I download fonts like it's nobody's business. So pretty much, every font you see in my pages, are all my favorite fonts. I rarely ever use the pre-installed fonts on my computer. I just love downloading stuff in general especially when they are FREE! *winks* Here's the last page:

I have been working on this page since August 2010!!!
I finally finished it, thanks, I guess, to the stomach flu. LOL


Til the next post, everyone!!!

XOXO

Vanessa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
designed with love by beautiful dawn designs