Sunday, December 4, 2011

My Attempt at a Handmade Card, Candy-filled Cupcakes, etc

Hello there friends! :) This has been another busy weekend... Got to take a short break with my friend Sara, but soon as we got home, our husbands John and Quinton were fighting with washers and dryers and banisters and stairs.

In between all the other things I needed to do, I got to spend some time crafting and baking. I got out the stamps, papers, etc. It felt sooo good to be using my 12-inch Tonic guillotine again! So here's what I made... It's not too bad, but it is obvious I am lacking practice! There is embossing powder all over the background. Not good. But the card itself is worth giving away to some very special people. :)

card3

card2

card1

And I baked too!!! I made chocolate-covered cherries cupcake. I so love how they turned out except that some of the candy melted while they were baking so some of the cupcakes had a huge crater when I took them out of the oven.  But I have been told by my taste testers, the recipe is a hands down WINNER.

cherry-cupcake-2

I also made peanut butter cup cupcakes! I used the same cupcake recipe as the one above but I baked a peanut butter cup in the cake this time. I tasted it, and I myself love it! ANOTHER WINNER!

peanutbuttercupcake

And in other news, I finally got to do laundry in my new house.... Big thanks to John, Quinton and Dad for making this least favorite chore of mine possible tonight. You guys have no idea how much it means to me to be able to see the floor of my walk-in closet, because before you all moved my washer and dryer, the whole floor was covered with dirty clothes and socks! SO THANK YOU!!! You are my most favorite boys alive!!!

washer

The photo above shows the end of my very first load. I was so excited John [the husband] was laughing at me.

Okay now that that's out of my system, I think I will go get in my toasty cozy bed and watch one of the shows I have on my Netflix queue.

I hope you all had a great weekend!!! And have a great week ahead!

signature



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
designed with love by beautiful dawn designs