Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Yay Mom!!!

I thought it was crazy that soon as I finished making Mother's Day cards, my Mom leaves me three really sweet wall posts on facebook!!! This is exciting because my Mom doesn't ever get on the internet. She is a great pastry chef and baker but she is not tech savvy at all. So the only times I would see her online is when my sister is around to show her what to do. That's why this girl here is sooo elated! She was posting messages on my facebook wall using an iPad and on her own. I can tell she was posting the messages by herself because she wrote three wall posts instead of writing them all in one message and the message was written like she was texting on her cellphone! :) Not too shabby. Yay MOM!

Here's the two cards I made. I have a lot of patterned paper, but none of them jumped out at me so I decided to make my own. I used a Basic Grey stamp set for the background with Ranger Distress Inks and Color Box chalk inks.





Supplies:

Paper Trey Ink Vintage Cream cardstock
Basic Grey Stamps (for pattern on background)
Ranger Distress Inks
Color Box chalk inks
Technique Tuesday Simply You stamp set (sentiment)
Cosmo Cricket Chipboard Letters
Pearls
Liquid Pearls
Staz On Jet Black Ink


I still have no idea what to get my Mom and my Mom-in-law for Mother's Day. Maybe John has ideas... Wish me luck! :)


2 comments:

  1. Great cards. I spent an afternoon teaching my Mom how to make a comment on my blog and...I'm still waiting for her first comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Linda! :) I totally understand. But don't worry soon as she makes her first comment, she won't quit. She will stalk your blog! My mom's the same way now, since she made her 3 wall posts on my facebook, she hasn't quit. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
designed with love by beautiful dawn designs