Tuesday, July 10, 2012

It's been a While...

Hello folks! I know I have disappeared from the blogosphere for a long long time. All my bloggy friends will agree that three months is like forever in BlogLand. So sorry friends, there's just been too much going on here and I have been choosing to spend time with the husband before marching season formally starts [which is gonna be like in two weeks!] From then on, we rarely see each other anymore until about the end of October. He is a very busy man. It's a real gift that I've chosen to not to work, because I don't have my own schedule to complicate things. We've been through all that and it is NO FUN. We have been spending lots of time here:

poolnight 

So we have done quite a few things in the new home in the past three months. :) Lots of planning, lots of going back and forth trips to the home store and made a few beautiful changes. I will give you the deets on those later in the week. Today, I just want to show my husband off and this really really nice anniversary gift he has given me. He built me a craft desk for my new craft room! :)

johnatwork 

It was sooo hot last week, we decided he will build the structure inside... But as the project progressed, it got bigger and bigger, so we kept inching into taking the job outside as close to the pool as possible. Our patio was a wreck until about 10 PM last night. But that's okay, I kept telling myself the rewards are well worth it.

Here he is [below] checking if the whole thing is level before I painted the top. :)

bluedesk7 

And here she is [below] sitting in the pink room. :) Excuse the mess... I am currently working on putting the room together. My stuff has been all over the place since we moved about eight or nine months ago. We should be good after we get this room put together. I actually made sure about three weeks ago that John's stuff would have a place to go before we started working on mine, because his stuff are bigger and they take space and he needs them for work and for PLAY most of all. He eats, breathes, drinks music every single day... him and his drums, guitar and his geeky music tech stuff are connected at the hip. :)

bluedesk11
 Note: The shopping list in the project plan wasn't right. John ended up a couple of boards short... but a few minutes spent looking around in the garage and he was back in business. He had some extra boards laying around in his garage from past projects we've done. So make sure you do the math on the cut list before you get on your way to the lumber yard.
We got the project plan for this desk from Anna White. Like every project in her website, this desk isn't hard to build as long as you use the right tools and you stick to the plan. It can be done in two days. The only thing that stopped him was the heat. I didn't want him to roast outside too long in the 106-degree weather... 

The color is called Aquatint from Sherwin Williams. I thought I wanted my desk to be white until I saw this color, then I had to have it. The yellow bucket is just there for practice. I'm not sure if I really want buckets as opposed to baskets... We'll see. The goal is to have this whole room put together before the week is over. We will see about this too. *winks*

We still have a couple of building projects lined up for this room, which is all mainly storage... and I believe we have decided we are going to take our time. But I will post more photos soon as I get all my stuff out of the moving boxes and have better photos of this room. I can't wait to start crafting again!!!

Laterz,
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
designed with love by beautiful dawn designs