Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Favorite Things

I love kitchen tools. The easier they make my life, the more I love them. I also love kitchen electrics... I have quite an addiction to them, even the things I already have and don't need I keep track of their prices in my favorite web stores.

Here is a list of my favorite tools... :)


tools6

I don't even have to tell you why I think every cook should have one of these things in their kitchen. This baby has served me for five years and I have been thinking about getting a second one, but this time I want the Viking stand mixer. It is a tad higher in price, but I want to try a different brand this time around. :)

tools4

This little guy is one irreplaceable tool. They have come up with a ton of hand crank versions of the food processor that are supposed to be better but what can be better than being able to push a button and get pesto in like 3 seconds? I use this at least twice a week. :) This was a gift from my Mom and Dad-in-Law one Christmas. I love this thing.

tools3

I retired all my traditional measuring spoon sets after I found this all-in-one measuring spoon. I bought three of them--one for dry ingredients, one for wet ingredients and one more just in case I lose one of them. :) This is an all-in-one measuring spoon. It is the best thing to have in hand if you are like me, I am notorious for losing stuff ALL THE TIME! i got this from Bed Bath and Beyond.

tools2

This is the plunger. It is a measuring cup set all in one. :) I watch too much Good Eats. I love that show.  That is where I found this little gadget. Alton Brown uses this a whole lot. John and I got this from an outlet store in Branson, MO. This is perfect when you are measuring honey, corn syrup, peanut butter or anything sticky. You will have less scraping to do... I promise.

tools1

If you have a stand mixer, you don't have to have this. I only have a hand mixer because I am crazy about kitchen electrics and I do bake and cook a lot. It is handy to have when I have something going on in my KitchenAid and I need to whip up something else. :)


signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
designed with love by beautiful dawn designs