Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mocha Scones

scones6

So, I put gloves on and a mask and made these earlier. I couldn't stay away from my kitchen and the fact that I had all the makings for these tasty treats! No sneezing could've stopped me, I don't think. :) These things are easy to make and they are really good too. I can't wait to have one of these with my coffee tomorrow morning.



scones2

I split the dough in half and put Ghirardelli Bittersweet chocolate in one half and crushed chocolate-covered espresso beans in the other. So far, I have been really liking the Ghirardelli brand of everything and Lindt, too. I could tell an obvious difference from the two brands and the regular cheap brands at the store [that I used to use, but not anymore]. I don't mind spending the extra buck on the good stuff. :) 


My resident taste tester [a.k.a. my husband] is yet to taste them. He has had this belly ache since he got home from work and is just now starting to feel considerably okay. So I really don't know yet what he thinks about them. I should hear from the people I have shared them with soon. I didn't know one batch would make so many, which only makes these scones the perfect thing to bring or make for the next get together with friends.

scones5

I will share the recipe soon. I made a few changes to the process due to my laziness and the fact that I can't stand doing everything by hand when I have machines sitting on my counter that could do the job better and faster... So, please bear with me.


See you all soon folks!
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
designed with love by beautiful dawn designs