Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Potato Chip Cookies

potatochipcookies2

Hello friends! I am back with a recipe I would love to share. I have been wanting to make this since this cute little boy in my Husband's class came up to me wanting to make conversation. It was the very first time they had ever seen me and there was not a chance I could hang out with them because they were getting ready to march in a parade. But this cute little boy [his name is William] came up to me and made conversation with me... He comes up and asks, "Mr. Randolph says you bake, do you know how to make potato chip cookies... because I really like them?" I did not know what to tell him because I had never seen or heard of potato chip cookies before! So I said, "I haven't really heard of those but I am going to look it up and see what I can do about it." I looked it up the minute he walked away. I seriously had no idea what those cookies were! And John had talked up this mean game to his kids how awesome I was and how I could make all kinds of stuff. LOL

Six months later, after going through at least thirty recipes from different sources, I finally came up with one that I like the best. 

potatochipcookies




POTATO CHIP COOKIES
Makes 30 cookies
Preheat at 350

You need:

2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened [not melted]
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup crushed potato chips [ridged or regular will do]
1/2 cup ground toasted almonds
1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups All Purpose Flour

What You Do:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper or if you have a Sil-Pat, you can use that too.


Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy about 3 minutes. Slowly add potato chips, ground almonds, and sesame seeds. Mix well. Then add vanilla. Mix in flour, just until it is incorporated well. DO NOT OVERWORK YOUR dough. 


Using a scoop or two spoons together form dough into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with a flat bottom glass or measuring cup. 


Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden on the edges. Cool on wire rack. 


If you want you can drizzle your cookies with melted chocolate and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top.


I hope the next cute little boy or girl that comes up to me will ask me about something that I have actually heard of! John [my husband] said I turned beet red when the kid asked me that question... He knew he was in trouble for telling the kids how I'm like the Cookie Fairy Godmother! But I know William will be so happy when Mr Randolph hands him a bag of goodies from me to make up for that really awkward first conversation. :)

See you all soon!
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
designed with love by beautiful dawn designs