Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Asian Beef Noodle Bowls


Hi all! :) This post is special. I am currently working on my food blog so I am going to be sharing this recipe here. 

Today, I had a really bad craving for anything Asian. What caused it, you ask? Well, a) I AM ASIAN, and I'm partial, I love the Asian Cuisine b) I saw an unopened bag of sesame seeds in the fridge this morning as I was fishing for stuff to make for brunch, the thought of toasted sesame seed made the craving even more torturous  c) I looked through my books to see if there is anything in there that has to do with toasted sesame seeds and found a very simple almost nothing but 5-ingredient recipe from Betty Crocker.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :)





ASIAN BEEF NOODLE BOWLS
Adapted from Betty Crocker

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Start to finish : 20 minutes
Servings: 4

4 oz uncooked thin spaghetti
8 oz fresh gourmet snap peas or sugar snap peas
5 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 lb boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/4 inch strips
1 medium carrot, thinly cut on a bias (about 1/2 cup)
1 red bell pepper 
3 cloves of garlic, chopped 
2 cups napa cabbage/bok choy cut in a bias fairly thin
1/2 cup teriyaki baste and glaze (from 12-oz bottle)
a splash of soy sauce
a splash of oyster sauce
freshly cracked black pepper
4 medium green onions with tops

1. Cook pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, snip stem ends of snap peas and remove strings, if desired. Drain pasta; Cover to keep warm.

2. In 12-inch nonstick wok or skillet, heat 3 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry beef in  oil 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from wok; keep warm.

3. In same wok/skillet, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry peas, carrot, bell  pepper, garlic, napa cabbage in oil for 3-4 minutes

4. Stir in cooked pasta, beef and teriyaki glaze, soy sauce, oyster sauce and black pepper; toss until well  blended.

5. Serve in bowls; sprinkle with green onions and toasted sesame seeds. :)


Happy cooking!


Notes: the sauce for the stir-fry only asked for the teriyaki baste and glaze but since I wanted to make it more complicated and more Asian, I added a splash of everything that spelled Asian that was present in my fridge. I even added a couple splashes of Maggi Savor Classic. This is optional, and didn't include it in the recipe because this ingredient isn't available at the regular grocery store. I have mine shipped to me from San Francisco, California. My Aunt sends them to me in huge amounts. However, if you have an Oriental Market close by, go and check it out and look for Maggi Savor. You can use it on anything. My husband loves it on his steamed or fried rice. He adds it on anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
designed with love by beautiful dawn designs